The Mulligen Pact
The Rules of the Mulligen Pact
1. Legends will live amongst the mundane in relative silence so as not to draw the wrath of the jealous upon us. But Legends must also inspire so that we are not forgotten.
2. Though Legends may quarrel, they shall not war with one another. Conflicts of Weight shall be brought before the Low Regent for resolution. Matters that the low regent can not resolve shall be brought before the high regent.
3. The Legends shall recognize only three authorities… the Low Regent, the High Regent, and the Sherriff. The Low Regents rule the small domains and shall be appointed afresh each leap year by majority vote of the Legends present in their domain. The Sherriff shall enforce the laws of the small domain and the Mullligen Pact. Each shall be appointed by the Low Regent. The High Regent rules all and simply is. Regents have the right to punish Legends in their domain for violations of the rules.
4. Dross may be given, but not stolen. Dross can only be traded, never gifted. Dross is a privilege… never a right.
5. Oaths, once made, shall not be broken.
6. Hospitality, once accepted, shall not be broken. Peace shall not be broken at Festivals.
7. Once each year, tribute shall be paid by Legends to the Low Regents and from the Low Regents to the High Regent. Through this small sacrifice will we recognize annually that peace is better than war.